How counselling can help?
There are times when you may be reluctant to share your thoughts and feelings with family and friends. For instance, you may not want to burden them, you may fear being judged or you might feel that they will not understand.
This is where counselling can help. It’s a safe place where you can talk freely about whatever is troubling you, without the fear of being judged.
Sometimes just being able to unburden your problems can be an enormous relief.
Some of the ways I can help you are to:
- Find ways to manage your difficulties
- Offer insight and clarity to the thoughts going around in your head
- Work through negative baggage holding you back
- Explore opportunities to change
- Accept the things that you can’t change
- Recognise your strengths
- Be kinder to yourself
So if you would like to arrange an initial session or if you have any questions, please contact me.
My name is Nabeelah Khan-Cheema and I’m a counsellor and psychotherapist. However, before I became a therapist I worked as an Orthoptist (eyes) in the NHS, for over 30 years. So, how did I get from Orthoptics to a career in counselling? Read More…